Health & Wellness
In the present fast paced world, having a healthier lifestyle seems like a tall order. With all the stress that we go through in our day-to-day life, maintaining a balanced a lifestyle and taking care of health has become highly questionable. Taking care of ourselves and improving the way of living can help us achieve full potential. Everyday offers you the choice to do the best for your physical and mental wellbeing. It feels wonderful to choose a natural way of living to restore harmony. We can’t completely change our lifestyle but we can make efforts to improve the quality of life. Food plays the most important role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We often tend to eat food that tastes good even after knowing it is harmful. Eating unhealthy food can have adverse effect on your health and well-being. Replace the unhealthy food with healthy ones to improve your eating habits. Always choose food that has a good nutritional value and health benefits.
Foods to avoid and their alternatives:
Sugar: Try replacing white sugar with jaggery for tea and coffee. Organic jaggery is nutritious and also aids in improving general immunity. Coconut sugar and palm sugar can also be a good choice to replace white sugar.
Junk foods/fast foods: Instead of having roadside fast foods, try preparing homemade snack with natural products.
Deep fried/Oily foods: Always prefer having boiled food rather than deep fried food. Avoid too much usage of refined oil and try using good quality cold pressed oils instead to get maximum benefits.
Processed/Packed foods: Processed food are loaded with preservatives, food colors and harmful chemicals which can greatly impact your health when consumed often. Avoid them and look out for food that is healthier to satisfy your cravings.
Small changes can have a huge impact on your health:
- Eat a good deal of fruits and vegetables packed with vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables can lower the risk of obesity, heart diseases and other illness.
- Eat adequate amount of protein as it is essential for the body to create new cells.
- A good amount of protein can reduce cravings and your desire to snack.
- Get moving. The best way to maintain a good health is having a proper exercise routine.
- It can improve your physical as well as mental wellbeing and boosts self-esteem.
- Try avoiding restrictive diets and instead choose a healthier lifestyle.
- Focus on nourishing your body and do not deprive it.
- Take a break from technology for at least one day in week.
- Avoid using mobile phones and laptops late in the night. It can have adverse health effects. Turn it off one hour prior to your sleeping time.
- Do not stress often. Get enough sleep and rest well to avoid stress.
- Stress can have negative impacts on your health. It is a must to find alternative ways to manage your stress level.