Let’s get to the origin of this root which has been making impressive health headlines.
The use of turmeric dates back nearly 4000 years to the Vedic culture in India, where it was used as a culinary spice and had some religious significance. Today turmeric is cultivated in the tropics and is revered by different names by different cultures. It is referred to as “Haldi” in the northern states of India, a word derived from Sanskrit and “manjal” in the southern states as referred to in the Tamil literature.
Turmeric which comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant is an anti-inflammatory substance used the in Indian system of medicine. The main component of the root is a volatile oil, containing turmerone. Other colouring agents called curcuminoids consists of curcumin which is a natural anti-oxidant. This powerful substance has been used as a condiment and healing remedy. In fact, no Indian meal is complete without this golden spice.
Why turmeric is the finest
- Turmeric is the golden root and we need to celebrate it’s healing properties.
- Keep reading to learn why we need to consume turmeric every day.
- Studies have revealed that curcumin has anti-inflammatory benefits and it has no toxic side effects.
- No wonder it helps in getting rid of the cough.
Helps in cases of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- The combination of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxygen benefits, helps in cases of joint diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- It helps in relieving pain and swelling in arthritis patients.
Detoxes and Enhances liver function
- Consumption of turmeric detoxifies the liver enzymes in the body.
- This spice has the potential to mitigate the effects of many dietary carcinogens.
Protects against Alzheimer’s Disease
- Turmeric helps in protection against neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
- It also fights against aging and chronic diseases.
Improves Cardio-vascular health
- Turmeric is also a good source of Vitamin B6 and helps in improving the general cardio vascular health
Including organically grown turmeric in your daily routine can take you one step closer to a healthier and happier you. Choose this golden root Here